Friday, April 4, 2014

Final Portrait

When thinking of what to make for my final portrait, I consulted Mr. Ingenthron and Ms. Patel. First, I made a list with Mr. Ingenthron about what I liked about my previous pieces. We came up with the following:
1. Experimental and cute
2. Accessories and layers
3. Background and subject
4. Personal
5. Many dimensions
6. Fun

After I searched for images that had a profound effect on me. I choose:


The raw beauty and importance of this photo immediately made me drawn to it. Ms. Patel highlighted that I needed to show why this picture is important to me. With the recent Arab Spring conflicts and the bravery to stand up for woman's education by Malala Yousafzai, I felt emotional attached to spreading the importance of freedom to learn, and the power the uprisings had in the Middle East. 

As a background I wanted to have a simple yet elegant design I decided to use Henna, and Indian design that plays with shapes and colors. 


Now I need to spread the message and make a piece that I love and shows the importance of standing up for what's right. 


No comments:

Post a Comment