Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Art And Fear: Conceptual Worlds By David Bayles & Ted Orland

Henry James proposed a key questions that really make the artist think and reflect on their work. The question begs, Was it worth dong? Thinking of my past artwork, I always beg the question if I like it, but never wonder if fit was worth it. With the show quickly approaching, I knew that I would need to make art that served a purpose and not waste my time. This does not mean that experimenting is not necessary, but after talking with Mrs. Roberts, I know that if I want to achieve my goals for the show I need to be more strategic of what I create and experiment with.

Craft is often thought of as furniture, handmade clothing, and other piece made before the Industrial Revolution. Art is paintings like the Mona Lisa, a musical piece, often very valuable. With my work I was the beauty of my art to be derived from my craft and technical skills that I use to enhance my work.

An artist's style is the type of art or patterns that are common in one's work. My style is more conservative, often not touching on unrealistic images. I like the pure aesthetic beauty of natural pieces of humans, animals, and places. Though the materials and form of my art changes, the essence stays the same.

I agree with the statement that all art is autobiographical. Even if we don't know it, each piece tells a different story that is unique to the viewer. That's what makes art so special it immediately establishes an emotional connection with the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment