Thursday, January 23, 2014

Imagining the 2014 Senior Show

I can imagine my work near the back wall of the Nancy Lincoln Gallery. Though we are still 40 classes away from the show, I feel that I need to be more productive and engaged in my work. I really want to make a large, detailed piece that incorporates the lessons I learned from Drawing Lab and Senior Studio. I have always been more of one work artist, but I want to expand my horizons. I have started to make smaller scale pieces that illustrate my skills. For the show, I hope to transform this into one, big piece that showcases my talent as an artist. I like to use many materials to add definition and contrast to my work. I think that my work will live on the wall. I am pretty conventional as an artist, and feel that my final piece will reflect that and add something new to make it distinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment