Monday, January 27, 2014

Portrait

I have always been interested in the work of Pablo Picasso. Inspired by the materials and portraits I saw in the Nancy Lincoln gallery, I wanted to make a portrait. I have been using mostly pastel during senior studio because I like the sleekness and the brightness it brings out. I know that moving on I need to experiment with more materials and get outside my comfort zone. This portrait has made me realize many important lessons. First, I need to have a plan before I begin that I can follow as I do my work. Then, I should just keep making work until I find exactly what I'm passionate about making. I liked the idea of adding materials to make a person have three dimensionality to them. I decided to use needs and plastic film to enhance the portrait and highlight the glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment