Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Field Trip to the Decordova museum

Today we went to the Decordova museum in Lincoln, MA. I was thoroughly impressed by the pencil art along the staircase up to the artwork. When I walked around I saw how creative the artists approach are and what inspired me. I especially liked the work of Laura Braciale, her simply yet elegant pretzel drawing with acrylic paint made the bright blue image pop out of the canvas. As I continued to walk around I saw many different techniques, especially the use of media. Artists like Nancy Andrews, Jonathan Calm, Suara Welitote, Jonathan C. Gonzales and J.R. Uretsky showed me that art can be in a multitude of forms but the essence and passion stays the same. I really enjoyed this field trip and look forward to creating my next piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment