Friday, January 31, 2014

Critique

After meeting with Sammy, Kathy and Emma I received great feedback and helpful advice on my work. After explaining them my vision, they could see where I was going and many fascination for animals and people. When I explained that I want to make a medium to large scale portrait of an animal, they liked the idea. The recommended that I use different colors that are not normally associated with that animal. This makes it less generic and stand out. Sammy suggested that I can incorporate different materials to make my animal. She mentioned wood and paper will work well together. Since I am not keen on finishing my lion, Sammy recommended that I experiment with that before moving forward. Kathy and Emma suggested that I use writing to add a piece of identity to my piece and make it personal. The main lesson I took away was to be unexpected and maybe along the way I might even surprise myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment